FIRN INTERNATIONAL 5K
AND fAMILY FUN RUN/WALK
SATURDAY MAY 2, 2020, 9:30A.M.
Howard Community College HVPA Building, COLUMBIA, MD
Online registration for FIRN’s 2020 International 5K CLOSES at 7pm on Friday May 1, 2020
On site registration will be available on Saturday May 2 starting at 7:30am.
Howard County’s rich diversity includes residents from across the United States and around the world.
You are invited to run or walk with us in the spirit of community
and friendly competition to celebrate our wonderful diversity.
**Online registration closes 7 pm on Friday, May 1, 2020. If you would like to register after this date, you are welcome to do so at the packet pick-up and race morning.* *No refunds *
Date / times: Thursday, April 30th and Friday, May 1st from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Location: Feet First Sports, 5305 Village Center Dr #110, Columbia, MD 21044, (410) 992-5800
*Paper registration will be available at packet pickup.
Payment will be accepted in the form of cash, check or credit card.
Race Day Schedule:
7:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Packet Pickup / Race Day Registration
8:30 a.m. Warm Up!
8:55 a.m. Family Fun Run/Walk line up
9:00 a.m. Family Fun Run/Walk Starts
9:15 a.m. Pre-race Meeting for 5K
9:30 a.m. 5K Race Starts
10:30 a.m. Awards Ceremony
Awards for podium winners
Satisfaction of finishing a race!
Spice up your individual 5K experience, at no extra cost, by also being a part of a team of 5K runners!
In addition to your individual entry into the 5K, you can also create or join a team at no additional charge.
Teams will consist of 3 or more individual runners in the 5K and can be any combination of genders.
Each runner on the team will race as an individual and be eligible for individual awards.
The top 3 finishers on a team will have their individual times added together and scored for the team competition.
Team awards will be given out to top teams.
It’s time to create or join a team, recruit teammates and begin training and challenging them to get ready for race day!
Setting up the team competition is very easy, and we can assist if needed. Contact Shannon with your questions. Shannon@RacineMultiSports.com
Here’s how to do it through your Active.com Registration:
- If you have not registered for the race yet, follow these directions:
1. Open event registration link
2. Select registration category/price type
3. Fill in Participant Information
4. Under Team Information, it will state: Do you want to join a team?
5. If you select Create a Team, fill in Team name (required), Team description (optional) and privacy (optional)
6. If you select Join a Team, enter Team name > Click SEARCH > Click Team name to join from search result, and fill in team password if required
7. Complete other form questions and waivers as normal
8. Continue registration until payments are successful
- If you have already registered for the race and now want to create a team, follow these directions:
1. Go to Edit my Registration
2. Find the right event registration and click Create team
3. On pop-up dialog, enter team name
4. (Optional) Enter team description
5. (Optional) If you would like to make your team private, select private team under Access and enter a password
6. Click Create
Note: A team card will appear under the registration. Click in Team Center to manage my team.
Note: Team name cannot be duplicated with an existing one.
- If you have already registered for a race and want to join a team already created, follow these directions:
1. Go to Edit my Registration
2. Find the right event registration and click Join team
3. On pop-up dialog, search desired team
4. Click desired team
Note: Team names can be similar, so please ensure you select the correct team by checking the captain’s name.
Note: If desired team is not visible when performing a search, the team may be private or of a different type. You can contact Team Captain or contact us to check.
5. Click Join
Note: If a team password is required, it must be entered when prompted.
Note: The team captain will receive an email notification when a participant joins his/her team.
We will present awards for:
Top 3 female finishers
Top 3 male finishers
The top 3 finishers on a team will have their individual times added together and scored for the team competition. Team award will be given out to the top team.
Top fundraising teams
Age Group Categories: We will recognize the following top male & female age group participants, 12 and under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
We will use a mass start for all runners.
This event will be professionally chip timed by Racine MultiSports We will be providing race day results LIVE during the event.
The roads will not be closed to vehicular traffic so runners must be observant at all times. Runners must obey all race official instructions. Volunteers will be placed in key areas to help direct race traffic. Cutting the course or interfering with other athletes will result in disqualification. Race numbers must be worn on the front of your shirt or waist and be visible the entire race.