FIRN’s Language Connections, is the only nonprofit interpretation and translation service in central Maryland. Language Connections bridges the language gap by providing professional, culturally-sensitive interpreting and translation services for public agencies, businesses, and other organizations that work with the foreign-born.
FIRN links with more than 50 Language Connections interpreters fluent in over 30 languages.
For Translation Services
Through skilled interpreters, speakers of limited English can connect with:
- Health Services
- Social Services
- Government agencies
- Refugee resettlement agencies
Organizations that use Language Connections:
- Overcome language and cultural barriers
- Build trust among foreign-born clients
- Strengthen their reputations as sensitive and caring organizations.
- Bring more foreign-born clients to their doors
- Attract a more diverse staff
- Protect their obligations under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
- Translations – $60/page for each
translation of most documents/text. More difficult languages
and/or documents may be higher.
- Interpreting Services – $75/hour plus $0.50/mile. Billing starts at the scheduled appointment
time. A minimum of two hours is charged for all appointments, with 30-minute increments thereafter. Users of this service sign a time sheet/statement for each interpreter visit, which clearly sets forth the number of hours worked and miles traveled for that particular assignment.